Careers / Internships
MCGA Internship Program
The Minnesota Corn Growers Association will be offering two paid internships open to 2-year and bachelor’s degree-seeking students. This internship will provide practical and hands-on experiences in Minnesota agriculture through educational and outreach programs, communications, and member engagement. This program will replace the MCGA Agvocate Program.
This is a one-year paid internship starting April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. After being selected, interns will go through training in April and will work 40 hours per week from May – August (some nights and weekends) and approximately 10-15 hours per week from September – March 31.
Location: Shakopee, MN
Timeframe: April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017
Compensation: $12 per hour. Work related mileage and expenses will be reimbursed.
Housing will not be provided.
About the Minnesota Corn Growers Association
Founded in 1978, the Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) is one of the largest membership-based corn organizations in the country. MCGA has more than 7,000 members and represents the interests of more than 24,000 corn farmers throughout Minnesota. Working closely with MCGA, the Minnesota Corn Research & Promotion Council (MCR&PC) administers the efficient and effective investment of Minnesota’s corn check-off. The shared mission of both organizations is to identify and promote opportunities for corn farmers, while building better connections with the non-farming public. For more information about MCGA, please visit mncorn.org.
Qualifications & Skills
• Current full-time college student between the ages of 18 and 23.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Working knowledge of Minnesota agriculture preferred.
• Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
1. Assist with planning/set-up/tear-down/work at MCGA events, including:
• MN Ag EXPO, Tasseldega Nights racing events, Farmfest, Community Days, Ag Awareness Day,
Ag & Food Day, MN State Fair, Day on the Hill, Legislative Reception, and biofuels
• Events through partner programs such as Provider Pals and Twin Cities Road Crew.
2. Assist with communication projects, including:
• Creating/designing ads, writing radio scripts, and writing blog posts
• Online metrics tracking, social media accounts, and website content management.
• Building and maintaining advocate, biofuels, and media databases and farmer surveys.
• Assisting with Innovation Grants
3. Engage with county affiliates and members:
• Participate in local and district meetings
• Identify local issues concerning farmers
4. Participate in and assist with special projects and events surrounding research, biofuels, and public policy.
5. Assist with various duties in office, such as mailings, copying, filing, maintaining MCGA vehicles and equipment, etc.
1. Submit cover letter and resume by February 1, 2016.
2. Applications will be reviewed and finalists will be selected by MCGA staff.
3. Once finalists are selected, interviews will be conducted at the MCGA office and interns will be selected by March 7, 2016.
Applications are now closed. Thank you.